Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are you cooler than...

Our fun little Valentine?


I mean, he's a quite the cool character.
and you can't beat those sparkly shades for the girls.
I want a pair.

I whipped up this cute duo 
for Michael's Class Valentines.
Can you believe I couldn't find Heart Shaped Glasses?
Just as well, I'm sure the boys in his class would
not have been thrilled with those.

Cast of Character

Mod Podge and brush
Sunglasses (I got a pack from the Dollar Store)
Glitter
Clear Nail Polish
Owl Printable (download it HERE)
Ribbon


Ok to get started apply Mod Podge to one side
of the glasses frame with the brush.


Once applied, sprinkle your glitter liberally over that area to cover.


Repeat the process on the other side.
And allow to dry.


Next up is the clear polish. 
Apply the polish to directly over the glitter.
It will seal the glitter and prevent it from shedding.
We don't want glitter in little eyes.


Here is after the clear polish dried.
As you can see the glitter is more tame
but just as sparkly!


Print and cut out the owl tags.

(I made this little guy from scratch in 
Corel Draw.
Jaime, being a Graphic Designer, was very proud.  
Said I was finally using the good stuff.
He may have even shed a tear.)
lol.


Tada!


Last step is to punch a hole on one side of the tag.
Take your ribbon and tie the tag to the 
leg of the sunglasses.


Happy Valentine's Day! 

XOXO

18 comments:

  1. The are too cute and perfect for both the boys and girls in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I am sure they will be the hit of the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea!! I love homemade Valentine's Day handouts. This is perfect!! Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites for our free for all party. Be sure to join us tomorrow morning for some shout outs! Have a wonderful weekend!

    XOXO!
    Marni

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE!! And, I had no idea about the clear coat on the glitter. I was actually wondering about the shedding factor until you mentioned that. So clever! And, your owl is CUTE!!!! I just love owls and yours happens to be very cool, indeed! :)

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coolest valentine ever! My little girl would LOVE those sunglasses! I found you through A Little Inspiration. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Valentine and your blog are so cute! I would LOVE for you to link this up to my link party!
    Thanks!

    - Kathryn
    http://www.destinationcraft.blogspot.com/2012/01/destination-cutesy-monday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super cute! I love the glitter.. I didnt know that you can seal it with nail polish. Good to know :)

    Thanks for linking up to Financial Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool!! Gotta love mod podge & glitter :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday.

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! And I had planned on giving the girls in my class HEART shaped sunglasses. How much cuter would they be glittered?

    THANKS!

    #12 buggalcrafts http://buggalcrafts.wordpress.com/

    Lisa's Craft Blog Linky http://www.lisas-craft-blog.com/2012/01/love-filled-linky-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super 'cool' valentine idea! I love how you added glitter to the glasses! Would you be willing to link up the post to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle
    http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad that you linked this project up tonight! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by again to thank you for linking up to my Valentine Link Party! I appreciate you taking the time to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet Valentine. Good luck from Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so, so, so cute! I would love to do these for Eli's preschool class!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute idea! I never thought of using clear nail polish to keep glitter in its place - clever! I found you through Cheri's Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower. I hope you can drop by Moose Mouse Creations and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!