Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lemon Bark

For Christmas my family does gifts for the kids and then little somethings for everyone else.  
My little something contribution is normally an assorted treat bag for everyone;

Peppermint Bark
Lemon Bark
and
Cinnamon, Sugar and White Chocolate Pretzels.

I had to edit my treat to do list, but I did make Lemon and Peppermint Bark.

If you have never had Lemon Bark, and like lemon, this is another MUST MAKE recipe.
I found the recipe a few years ago on THIS amazing blog.
Once I saw it, I had to make it.


Look at all that light yellow delightfulness!
Every bite has small bits of lemon and the occassional large piece of tart and sweet goodness.
Smooth, creamy and refreshing. Best of all, the recipe is a snap.


All you need is one large box of Lemonheads and two bags of vanilla candy melts.

Next you need to crush your lemonheads. 
You can put them in a ziplock bag and take our your agressions with a meat tenderizer
or you can pop them in the food processor.

I went for option 2


Boy, was it LOUD!  Like super duper loud.
But here was the nice outcome.
Lots of powder and some larger pieces.
Set aside.


I used a double boiler to melt the candy melts.
You can also melt in the microwave, just be sure to melt in 15 second intervals and stir in between.


Ooooooh, look at that.



Add the lemonheads, set a bit aside for topping.


Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper
add the remaining Lemonheads.


Give it a little shimmy shake to even out and spread the bark and let cool.

Look at those big old chunks. 
MMMMMMMMmmmmm.


Once completely cool, pull the bark away from the wax paper and break into pieces.

I then package in clear treat bags with ribbon.
I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished gifts, but hey, you can't doubt the goodness.

Try it, you'll like it.

XOXO
Photobucket


Featured at:

Photobucket

homework




I'm linking up to these parties. Be sure to check out my party link at the top of the blog.

Monday - Craftomaniac * Kristens Junk Drawer * Sarahndipities * Dittle Dattle * Skip to my Lou * Mad in Crafts * Keeping It Simple * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * C.R.A.F.T. * Making The World Cuter * Alderberry Hill * So Very Creative * Singing Three Little Birds *Ask Anna * Get Outta My Head Please * Three Mango Seeds * Lisa's Craft Blog * Polly Want a Crafter * DIY Home Sweet Home * Sew Can Do * Debbie-Debbiedoos
Tuesday - Tip Junkie * Sugarbee Crafts * Funky Polkadot Giraffe * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Crafty Confessions * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen *A Diamond in the Stuff * Cherished Bliss * Blackberry Vine
Sunday - The Girl Creative *The DIY Showoff * Nifty Thrifty Things *Petite Hermine * I Heart Naptime * Flamingo Toes * Cherished Treasures *My 1929 Charmer * Embellishing Life Everyday











33 comments:

  1. They look amazing and sound great...have no idea what Lemonheads are being british. Are they like sherbet lemons (ie boiled lemon sweets with sherbet powder inside)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, Yes!!! Why have I never heard of this!? Seriously can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... This sounds so easy and delish! I love lemon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I have never heard of anything like this! Sounds amazing. I might have to make some for Easter, that's what the pale yellow color makes me think of. The cinnamon, sugar and white chocolate pretzels sound awesome too. You should also show how to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh yummy! I love lemon and I love peppermint bark so this is sure to be a hit, right?

    only question is - are candy melts like chocolate? Or are they sweets? (I'm South African so trying to think of the closest substitute)

    ps over from lolly jane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Emma - Lemonheads are similar except they inside is sweet hard candy, the outside is tart lemon and slightly softer.

    @Marci- Candy Melts taste just like white chocolate, they are used to make candy favors.

    I'm so glad you all stopped over! XOXO Melysa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so unique- did you invent this recipe?? I'm so intrigued! It looks delish. I just pinned it to my recipes board :)

    Thanks for sharing at my link party!! Please come back next week and link more!!

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have never thought to make lemon almond bark. I love lemon! Thanks for sharing.

    I am now following from the Sunday Social hop!
    I would love for you to stop by and follow me at http://cooperave.blogspot.com/

    I have a weekend long hope going on so feel free to add your link!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Emily - I wish I had invented it. :) I found the recipe on a blog years ago and thought it sounded great. It really is a nice change of pace for bark.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great - would work with lots of other flavors too!
    Thanks for sharing
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter would absolutely love this! I am your newest follower. I have a cooking blog and would love a follow back! Stop by any time :) Have a wonderful blessed day!

    http://onceamomalwaysacook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're kidding! Lemon heads?! And this is so easy. Thank you. I am going to make this recipe.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks......hope to see ya next Saturday too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! I make peppermint bark but will have to try this. I would love it if you shared at my link party

    http://www.herecomesthesun-kelly.blogspot.com/2012/01/fabulous-friday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Came by on the Super Stalker Sunday Hop :-)
    Following GFC, Pintrest
    http://ramblingandadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never heard of lemon bark before. They look so good, and thanks for sharing the recipe. Lemon drops bring back such memories for me, I would get terrible car sickness, and would eat a whole bag of lemon drop. I will for sure try this, and enjoy some memories while munching away. Thanks for sharing your recipe inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks yummy...I love anything lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. okay, that looks yummy! you should join me for Handmade 52 http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2012/01/diy-photo-canvas.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never heard of lemonade bark. I may just have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lemon is my favorite! I'm definitely going to have to try these SOON! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll be on the hunt for lemonheads or something similar to make this ... sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds terrific! I host a Monday link party and would love for you to join me with this yummy recipe at http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-monday-11-link-up.html

    Wishing you a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOooo... I love anything lemon... this sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll definately have to try this, love lemon anything. Thanks for sharing such a simple and sweet recipe...Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! This is such a fun recipe! I would love for you to come link up @ my log sometime if you have the chance.
    Http://cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yumo!!! I'm having a linky party, and would love it if you joined! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party-3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hadn't heard of lemon bark before. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yum! I am a huge lemon fan! I will definitely be giving this recipe a try soon! I am your newest follower!

    Erika
    http://myroadtosavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE lemon and this looks so yummy! Will have to put this on the "must make" recipe list!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a YUMMY post! I found you on Tip Junkie! I would like to invite you to share this post with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. My hubby and I love lemonheads and this bark sounds so good! Thanks for linking up, I'm highlighting this great idea this weekend and I hope you have time to come over again this weekend and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love lemon and white chocolate! So excited to try this! Thanks so much for the super simple, yet sure to be delightful recipe! From one chocolate, lemon love to another-have a happy week!

    Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!